Night Sky app for iPhone and iPad
2720 ratings )
Current version: 5.4
, last update: 2 weeks ago
First release : 01 Nov 2011
App size: 508.33 Mb
Night Sky is a powerful augmented reality personal planetarium. Designed for iOS 11.
Quickly identify stars, planets, constellations and satellites above by simply holding your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch to the Night Sky! This is all done magically. Whether you’re looking for a constellation or the International Space Station, let Night Sky direct you to it.
- AR Grand Orrery (Premium Feature) : With iOS 11 bring the Solar System into your home or classroom with the new Grand Orrery feature! Use augmented reality to walk around the entire solar system, manipulating time and space with your fingertips! Walk up to the planets and see them in great detail, view their moons and surrounding satellites. Even see current space missions in our Solar System! Not only can you explore from space, with our new Grand Orrery you’re able to actually land on the planets and view the sky from Mars or even Jupiters moons for instance! The Night Sky Grand Orrery opens up the sky from any vantage point in our entire Solar System! A super powerful and super magical experience, only possible with Night Sky and iOS 11!
- Live Night Sky Tours: New for Night Sky 5, tap Sky Tours for a tour of the sky above you. Night Sky will guide you to each constellation currently visible and inform you of the stars. Customize your tour by selecting its duration.
- Worldwide Night Sky Tours (Premium Feature): Create your own tours for any location and time in the world! Just drop a pin on the world map, and Night Sky will generate a Sky Tour for that location and save it into My Tours for quick and easy access. Be sure to create a tour for your favorite camp site, and next summer vacation! Your tours are then synced via iCloud to view with Night Sky on tvOS and vice versa!
- My Sky Notifications - New for Night Sky 5, completely customize your notifications in Night Sky. Favorite any object from satellites to constellations, and be informed when that object is rising for your current location. We’ve now also included Iridium Flare notifications for your current location. Manage all notifications with a new simple list. Rich notifications appear on your iOS device with beautiful animations. You’ll always be aware when your favorite celestial objects are about to rise!
- Power Sky View with Glass Constellations: 115000 celestial objects, deep sky objects, beautiful Glass Constellations, Light Spectrum vision with mesmerising visuals, two finger gesture to increase or decrease Light Pollution, & seamless multilayered animated 3D models.
- Magic comes to Apple Watch: We have brought Sky Tracking to Apple Watch in Night Sky on watchOS 4. Simply raise your wrist to the sky to quickly identify stars, planets and constellations!
- Land on the Moon (Premium Feature): Moon Tours - One giant leap for innovation. We’ve accurately recreated the Apollo 11 and Apollo 15 lunar landing sites in a 3D environment as they would appear if you we’re there today!
- Night Sky Tonight: Get a totally customized experience, Night Sky Tonight gives you an animated view of the sky above you from Sunset to Sunrise. You can scrub through the night to see all celestial events happening local to you.
Optional Night Sky Premium is available for $1.99/month or $9.99/year. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions by entering the user settings in iTunes after the purchase. Auto-renew may also be turned off from here.
Terms and conditions: http://www.icandiapps.com/icandiapps/terms-conditions/
Pros and cons of Night Sky app for iPhone and iPad
Night Sky app good for
I enjoy using this app
The only drawback is thats kids are stealing my iPhone in the evening
I was camping in a dark sky park last summer and sAw many constellations I did not know this app was great to help me identify them.
after a few weeks of dark screen and reading a few bad reviews lately, i did the most obvius thing ... uninstall the app and reinstalled it ..it works right away.. great interface for the app , thats why i gave it 5 stars.. but for customer support and that scope.. minus 5 for that. so a simple solution for my iphone 4 .. and wishing you guys best ever brightiest stars ( the users )
This app is so much fun, and a must for all astronomy lovers!
I enjoy using the app but I cant stand the idea of subscriptions.
Does a great job at showing you all there is to see up there, including satellites. Like other apps of its kind you have light spectrum control but you also get light pollution control space time travel and astrophotography feature.
If you want to check out Apollo 11 and 15 landing sites, get up to date daily sky viewing conditions including cloud coverage and light pollution density in your area, see a list of nearby stargazing sites and moon phases along with monthly news articles, then you have the option of a monthly subscription for a dollar. These extra features that other apps dont offer are cool and you get them for free the first month to decide if you want to keep them or not. Great app!
Some bad moments
The positioning does not work... In every direction is NORTH.
The app offers you up-sell like Star Infos. They are bad. Do Not Guy them.
This used to be a fun app. Now the screen is crowded with control bars that do not work, just invite you to buy the upgrade if you try to use any of the features actually advertised as part of the upgrade (most companies upgrade after initial support), so they have taken away the functionality of what we had. How about an "upgrade" back to the working version? Why buy an app from a company that takes it away?
This app asks for money so often, and traps you into purchases. It is practically useless. Im sure there are much smarter, practical and intelligent ways to identify objects in the
I dont understand what happened. This app was perfect to pull out, point at what I was trying to identify for the kids, and then know the answer. Now? The app is full of noise. Cloud like stuff in the sky? Constellations and constellation names instead of star names? A sky so jam packed with junk stars that are barely visible so you cant tell what is what? Absolutely ruined a great app.
Used to be good. I paid for the "upgrade" and now its worse. And also it wont stop asking me to upgrade more.
The stupid thing cant even point itself in the right directions anymore. Has to be constantly re calibrated and if you touch the screen it locks up and wont track the sky anymore. Total trash.
I purchased this a while ago. And ever since theyve updated and changed the whole look of it, it doesnt work anymore. It doesnt line up properly, and Ive gone through all my settings. It seems glitchy. And definitely not as simple to use. Waste of my money.
sky guide free,
sky map free,
night sky free,
sky maps free,
night sky 2,
night sky pro,
night sky lite,
the night sky,
the night sky free,
night sky app,
and other. So, download free Night Sky .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually Night Sky iOS app used & searched for